Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mexican chicken and pasta

I've come up with some of my best stuff when faced with the nearly empty cupboard (not to worry-I've just not been to the grocery yet). None of us are big fans of rice, but we all like pasta, so tonight, I created this.


3 cups cooked chicken (I boiled 3 leg quarters and then de-boned them, but you could use canned chicken chunks, too)

Half of a regular-sized bag of egg noodles

One whole onion, coursely chopped

One medium green (a ripe red would work, too) tomato, diced

One can of corn, drained well

One package of taco seasoning mix

1/2 cup water

Heat the water for noodles, and put the onion and tomato in the water. When the onion looks opaque, add the noodles and cook as directed. Drain. Add the water, chicken, corn, and taco seasoning mix, stir, and simmer for a few minutes and serve.

No comments: