Monday, July 31, 2006

Leftover Lotto

When we have a fridge full of leftovers, it is time for Leftover Lotto at our house! I have a set of plastic spoons numbered 1-4. I hold the spoons with the numbers hidden and everyone picks a spoon. The number you get is the order you get to pick out your dinner! I set the dishes that need heating on one counter, condiments and cold sides on the other. You pick out your hot dishes, nuke them, then add your cold. The great thing is that if there is one slice of pizza left, and you've drawn number 1, you can have it even though you know the pesron behind you wants it too! (Of course, you can be a big person and share, but you don't have to.) Big 'uns help the little 'uns. Guess what we're having for dinner tonight??? :)

5 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

That's a great idea!

ann said...

That's awesome! I bet you're a great momma. The best ones are the creative ones, I think (like mine)!

sglmpms (sounds like a bad day, doesn't it?)

Tooz said...

Oooooh, I wish I had known you when my kids were little--you would have been my inspiration! What a great idea!

Tara said...

I got the idea from Quick Cooking, one of my favorite magazines (which has expired). I get a lot of my staple recipes from there! (No Everett, not dishes to make out of staples...) :)

Everett said...

Mmmmm....staples. drool