Remember those blueberries I asked for ideas about? Well, I ended up making blueberry pancakes, eating a bunch of them straight (yum, yum, yum) and freezing the rest. Then I bought more today, just for eatin'.
But I found a use for one of the limes: granita!! It's like sorbet only easier. Here's what you do:
1. Buy a fresh pint of raspberries, prefereably locally, because then the flavor is better.
2. Stick them in a blender for a few seconds.
3. Mash the pulp through a strainer to get the seeds out. You'll have about a cup of thick juice.
4. Add the juice of one small lime.
5. Make sugar syrup by heating 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water together until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Add the sugar syrup to taste (you might not need all of it, depending on how sweet the berries were to begin with), stir, and put in a shallow container with a lid. Freeze for a couple hours until it's frozen.
7. Spoon into dainty little bowls (or big ugly ones, it doesn't really matter) and enjoy on a hot day.
I wager this works well with other fruit. I would try strawberries and lime, cooked tart cherries and lemon, peaches and lemon, blackberries and peaches...you get the idea.